Tuesday 29 January 2013

Evaluation of Class Feedback

As a result of giving my pitch on, both my teachers and peers gave feedback as to what they're opinion is on my initial idea for my magazine. Some raised questions and others praised elements of my magazine, which, consequently, gives me confidence to pursue that idea.

One issue raised was the choice of model/s that would be the focus of the magazine and who would be on the front cover, contents page, and double page spread. This is a key choice as the model/s would be the main image and the focus of the whole magazine, and therefore if the model does not reflect the genre of the magazine, does not look aesthetically pleasing alongside the other elements of the magazine, or 'fit' the design, then this could have a negative effect on the whole magazine.
After discussing this issue with peers, I have decided to base my model/s appearance/clothing/attitude on that of the female rapper "Iggy Azalea". I have chosen this artist as a model to base my own model on, as she represents the modern urban/hip-hop genre that I am aspiring to achieve and always stars on interesting magazine covers/photo shoots.

The choice of title for my magazine gained a lot of praise from my peers and teachers after I presented my pitch. The name 'Major' has a lot of depth to it regarding the genre of the magazine, as the magazine will include major, and upcoming, hip-hop artists. As well as this, the fresh, young urban 'scene' is becoming a major genre in the music industry, developing in terms of music and image. The magazine will also be published majorly, overall creating a Major magazine. This depth and explanation of the title was praised and the impact of the word 'Major' alone was also mentioned. Therefore, I am confident that I will use this as a final title for my magazine.

Another issue that was discussed as a result of my pitch was the location of which the photo's for my mock-up magazine will be taken. After consideration, I have decided that I will take the photo's with the model/s up against a blank wall or white screen to create a plain background, which can then be edited easily later on as a result. I wanted a simple mise-en-scene to create a modern appearance of the magazine and therefore a blank background would be suitable in achieving this.

I also discussed a price of £4.20 for my magazine, and the number of pages would be a minimum of 120. I think this is suitable considering the target audience, as the younger audience will still be able to afford the magazine at this price, however it is still at a price so that the magazine can be of high standard and quality and the pages can be glossy. The number of pages (120) would also be appropriate as it is a monthly magazine and therefore will be expected to have more content than a magazine that is released monthly, for example. The amount of content also reflects the price of £4.20.

No comments:

Post a Comment