Wednesday 6 February 2013

i-D Magazine







I love the covers of i-D Magazine because of the simple, modern layout on almost all of their covers. The models in this selection of covers are all in shot with a mid-shot and are in front of a plain backdrop, which is what I hope to incorporate into my front cover for Major. The colours are all simple and a colour palette of three is used on each, yet again this is what I'm hoping to use in the future drafts/final product, as I think this is more effective and aesthetically pleasing than a front cover which is made up of clashing colours and chaotic settings. i-D Magazine feature so many artists of different genres and even have models/fashion designers on their covers of each issue, however the design and shot manages to capture the energy and personality of each model, which is something that I admire from i-D. I hope to make my magazine reflect the style of these covers and this will heavily influence by final product.

1 comment:

  1. i-D is such a great magazine and you have found some superb covers. The level of analysis in your posts is fantastic.Good work Sophie.

    ReplyDelete