Wednesday 6 February 2013

Inspiration

Issue 6 of HighSnobiety Magazine featured model Mimi Wade who is style by Lucy Greene and shot by Kimi Hammerstroem. There are two photo's that really stood out to me throughout the whole shoot and that have inspired me to reconsider the shots that I am going to do for my final magazine.

Firstly, I love this side shot of Mimi against a blank white wall. Her bright hair contrasts with the backdrop and her pose is natural, not forced. The side stance gives the shot an interesting edge and is something that I will definitely try with my model in my next shoot.
The next shot that caught my eye was this one. Although this is quite a busy image and contrasts with the simplistic and modern style that I am aiming for, I love the use of the border around the original image. It gives the image edge and differentiates it from the average photo. This is another technique that I could try in the future as I think, with the right border, it could look very effective and make my cover look even more aesthetically pleasing to the reader.

1 comment:

  1. A great post.I love the two images you have found. You've analysed them very effectively.

    ReplyDelete